
It has been several months since The XMen stopped William Stryker but that victory came at a price they have lost Jean Grey when she tried to save them from the collapsed reservoir. Scott Summers (Cyclops) is still grieving about her loss. One day he came out to the place which is where Jean Grey sacrificed herself. Then Jean Grey appeared right in front of him. Though it seemed that after that Scott had disappeared. Meanwhille the rift between humans and mutants had finally reached the boiling point. When humans discovered what causes humans to mutate they have found a cure for the mutation. The XMen were appalled at this idea. It was not long at all until the news about the cure came to Magneto. He decides to organize an army of mutants and wage his war against the humans. Then it became clear that Jean Grey evolved into the Pheonix her new mutant powers are so strong that she can not control her own body. Then she kills off Professor X with her new powers. Now The ...
Review
What a disappointment. I'm not a comicbook fan but I did really like the first two films. This one was all loud banging. I know people like special effects (part of the reason I wanted to see it) but I like to think people also like story and character development and real suspense. Even the action was murky. It's almost impossible to see what the Beast is doing when he's fighting it's just a big ugly blur there's no choreography whatsoever. Plus Magneto's a very smart guy a leader and yet his demise is brought on by one of these "oldest trick in the book" routines. Every time a mutant uses a power it seems to be in a very convenient situation. Everything's staged so simply that you can see it all coming from a mile away. I felt insulted on behalf of moviegoers everywhere. Bring back Brian Singer he won't phonein his duty. Brett Ratner should never work in the business again.
0 comments:
Post a Comment