Review
I must be the only person on earth who isn't completely in love with Adventure Time and Regular Show. Yes I'll admit that they're both funny at times and pretty clever but to me they seem like they were made to appeal more to annoyingly trendy high school students than to actual kids. Maybe thats the point though so...massive shrug I guess. Also why am I reviewing a children's show Why am I pointing out flaws in two unrelated children's shows What is the point Ugh...
Anywho The Amazing World of Gumball at least feels like a children's cartoon. Its bright bubbly and pretty inoffensive. It also has a pretty nice look and style what with traditionally animated characters mixed with real backgrounds CG things and whatnot. it also teaches some pretty positive lessons to the cute little baby children like "Look out for you little sister" and "Live life like your going to die soon" and never teaches the lesson that you shouldn't help ugly people because they're probably evil so there's that. The biggest problem with The Amazing World of Gumball is probably that most of its jokes are really unfunny. About half of them just fall completely flat. Imagine that I'm putting an example here. But what this show lacks in hilarity it more than makes up for in being totes adorbz to put it into technical terms. Watching this show is more about whispering ⊭orbz" to yourself at certain points than it is about laughing although their are a few funny moments now and again.
The Amazing World of Gumball may not measure up to say The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (which is in my mind one of the best shows ever to air on Cartoon Network) but its still pretty likable. Kids should probably love it which is really all that matters.

0 comments:
Post a Comment